Friday 6 November 2015

Results of my questionnaire (audience research)


The results of my questionnaire gave me quite an insight into the possible audience of my magazine, I found out about age, gender, preferences in colour scheme etc. My results show me that the majority of those who took part in my questionnaire are female although the gap between the genders wasn't too large this should perhaps tell me to aim my magazine towards a female audience. I also found out that the vast majority of those who completed the questionnaire are 17 years old with 80% of the total results down to this age group, with 18 and 11 years contributing 10% each this tells me that my focus should be heavily focused on 17 year olds when I design it as they create a very large majority in my results. I discovered that out of the two masthead options provided a large majority of people preferred 'PB NEWS' over 'PB TIMES' with 70% and 30% respectively, again giving me a clear indication of which masthead I should use for my magazine cover. When asked if people wanted more images, text or neither a large majority of people said that they'd like more images on the cover, this has encouraged me to include a secondary image on my cover but I'll have to see and if I can find room for it without making the cover look crowded. The final question asked people which magazine they actually preferred, whilst results for C were very low at only 20% A and B weren't too far apart from one another with only a 10% gap between then with 35% and 45% respectively, due to A and B being fairly close in terms of choice and without a large majority I'll have to think carefully when choosing a layout for my school magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment